Author Topic: How to choose end date?  (Read 5335 times)

dewmara

How to choose end date?
« on: September 10, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
I'm trying to do the new year setup procedure but idk what my end date should be.  How many weeks is a typical club year?  I've taken out the dates we won't meet...like school holidays, etc. Our start date is October 7th.

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
Re: How to choose end date?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »
Most clubs coincide with the local school calendar. It is handy to download or get a copy of your local school calendar beforehand and plan your club dates accordingly. That is optional of course. Most clubs run from 32 to 36 weeks. In the past, we have started late August or early Sept. and ended late in May but this year we end on the first week of June!
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

dewmara

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:22:01 PM »
Thank you .  We do follow the school calendar and take snow days too.   :) Last year we went by the number of lessons in the cubbie book because they all work at the same pace.  The other clubs are flexible.

Mainah

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 07:06:18 AM »
We only have 29 club weeks!  We start the second Thursday in September and end with a carnival the second Thursday in May.  I think it all started because in Maine summer is very short and we like to take full advantage of it! 
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 07:26:52 AM »
Two of the advantages of living in Florida; longer summers and NO snow days !!!  ;D

I suppose two sections per club meeting is the 'norm' up north for the clubbers to finish a handbook per year. Pacing is a good thing  ;)
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team