Author Topic: Match Check-In grid order to Check-in report  (Read 7837 times)

Carla Hoke

Match Check-In grid order to Check-in report
« on: September 20, 2009, 11:42:48 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

I'm busy checking in the clubbers attendance and their bookwork, but I don't see the option to break out the club by their smaller group names (i.e. we use grade distinctions). Trying to check out everyone in one club like T&T is too large to not break down further and I cannot use color divisions since our sign-in sheets always have the kids sorted by grade for check-in and each grade uses all four color groups. We used to be able to select the club name and then the group name to do fast group check-ins. I have no clue how to customize it further.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 12:22:22 PM by Annette »

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
Re: Match Check-In grid order to Check-in report
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:34:18 AM »
Check the customize button at the top left of grid. You can select which columns to show or hide. The top is the main header and the bottom is the sub header. Read this post too {link to old post removed.}

You can also break T&T into two clubs, ie. T&T Girls and T&T Boys. Then sub divide further by grade (teams). Makes detail reports a breeze to generate! Check this video from Rick if you wish. http://www.approvedworkman.com/forum/index.php?topic=651.0
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 12:21:49 PM by Annette »
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

Rick Leffler

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 08:08:24 AM »
Carla, when you say you are busy "...checking in the clubbers..." I get the impression you are referring to the Check-in List grid?  If so, you CAN reduce the number of records in the grid by selecting a particular club name in the toolbar's drop down list of club names instead of the default of "All Clubs". 

Further, you can drag and drop the Team Color or Grade column header into the grouping area above the grid to organize all the records into logical groups so that they match your worksheet.

Below is a screen capture example of the Check-in List grid showing only Sparks and the records are grouped on Team Color. (though you could group on Grade or Leader Name too)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:16:05 PM by Annette »

Carla Hoke

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:55:29 AM »
Thank you both! Not only did I find the Team Name column quickly, but now I am very interested in trying to set up the grid to mimic our sign-in sheets more closely. Carla
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:16:12 PM by Annette »

Carla Hoke

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »
One last quick question. Is there a quick way to "undo" when you've clicked and dragged a group up into the heading area while working on the check-in grid. I just want to put the grid back to the way it was for tonight.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:16:20 PM by Annette »

Mainah

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 11:30:56 AM »
Click and drag the header that is sitting in that space toward the tool bar that has the date and such in it then release.  That header should pop back into place.  If you've moved a lot of things around and want it to all revert then click on Grid in the tool bar and then Reset Grid Layout.  Closing the software will also make everything go back to where you had it. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:16:28 PM by Annette »
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 08:31:42 AM »
Click and drag the header that is sitting in that space toward the tool bar that has the date and such in it then release.  That header should pop back into place.  If you've moved a lot of things around and want it to all revert then click on Grid in the tool bar and then Reset Grid Layout.  Closing the software will also make everything go back to where you had it. 

When you are removing the unwanted 'group' from your header sorting, as you drag it upward as noted, a large black 'X' will appear. That means to just drop it and that heading goes back into normal grid position. (Just a little inside scoop) ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:16:34 PM by Annette »
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team