Author Topic: Award Triggers in new T&T books  (Read 4300 times)

MaureenCooper

• Tri-City Awana Clubs
Award Triggers in new T&T books
« on: October 20, 2017, 12:23:04 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

The database is triggering an award after two sections done in the book.  The clubber did not do any of the Start Zone sections, but the leader let her do 2 sections in the book.   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:24:35 AM by Annette »
Maureen Cooper
Commander
Tri-City Church, Vista CA

Eric Berry

• Administrator
Re: Award Triggers in new T&T books
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:24:35 PM »
This is a known issue.  The award triggering mechanism only applies to that book.  So they made the assumption that the Start Zone would be completed before allowing a clubber to start in the Evidence of Grace (or Grace in Action book).  I made the suggestion of just including the start zone sections inside the book, but someone else said that wouldn't work because then the uniform notification would trigger after completing the Start Zone even for 2nd year T&T students.

Update: there are now versions of the T&T books available that include the start zone sections in them to better handle this situation. See this post for details: https://www.approvedworkman.com/forum/index.php?topic=2231.0 {akj}
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 11:49:23 AM by Annette »

MaureenCooper

• Tri-City Awana Clubs
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
I thought that might be the problem.  It was never brought to my attention last year.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 01:10:27 PM by Annette »
Maureen Cooper
Commander
Tri-City Church, Vista CA

roscom

• Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 11:36:16 AM »
Last year, we tried giving out the handbooks at the same time, regardless of whether the Start Zone was completed so as to keep the kids on the same page with the lessons.  Doing so created issues with monitoring the completion of the Start Zone as the kids weren't motivated to do so once they received their handbook.  This year, the T&T Girls Club required the Start Zone to be completed before clubbers could receive their handbook, which worked much better.  The T&T Boys Club continued as they did last year, which still isn't working well.

Awana guidelines, as I understand them, require the completion of the Start Zone before the handbook is given; therefore the way AWdb is set up (assuming Start Zone completion) make perfect sense to me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 01:10:34 PM by Annette »
Maureen Roscorla
Administrator
Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church