Author Topic: Help getting rid of dues!  (Read 6889 times)

Lisa Wilder

Help getting rid of dues!
« on: September 02, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Our club does collect dues but it is totally voluntary and we do not track by clubber.  Therefore, I don't want a fee record showing the amount due for the year to show up for each clubber.  How do I get rid of this item?  I tried deleting the item from inventory (didn't work).  I tried un-selecting the option "Dues ARE collected for one or more clubs" but that didn't work.  Help!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:47:17 AM by Annette »

ksaathoff

Re: Help getting rid of dues!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:28:14 PM »
Try going to Admin>Club Setup>Club Names, Logos, Dues and Points and set the weekly and yearly dues amounts to $0.00 for each club you see there.  That should do it.

Lisa Wilder

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
I did try that method but it didn't get rid of the fees that were already there although it may eliminate creating a fee for any new clubbers added after this.  My only option at this point is going fee by fee, clubber by clubber and deleting each one.  That's a lot of keystroking.

ksaathoff

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »
Yep.  I think you're right about having to do this one-by-one.  There doesn't appear to be a way to multi-select several fees and delete them all at the same time.  Sorry my suggestion didn't help get rid of all the previously assigned fees. :(

Rick Leffler

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
I'd work from the main Ledger tab (not the individual household ledger) and from the Fees grid, apply a filter to show only those Dues records that you want to be rid of.  Then select the first row and press  Ctrl+D  to delete the record, press Enter to confirm.  With your left hand doing the Ctrl+D, your right hand pressing Enter... you can fly through the deletions very quickly even though it's one by one.

As has already been stated, to keep those Dues-related Fees from being auto-created in the future, set your Club Setup Annual Dues Amount to zero.

Lisa Wilder

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:29:50 AM »
Thanks.  That did go pretty quickly.

rhaleyiii

Re: Help getting rid of dues! (and other fees)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »
Question for Rick (or anyone else) a followup/double-check on this one.

We have a similar situation - we are starting to use the financial components of your program this year, whereas last year we only used the handbook recordkeeping features, basically. 

Lo and behold, the ledger/accounting feature has all - or a whole lot of them - the fee records from last year (2007-8).  Ah ha, so that's what was happening everytime we clicked "Yes" to "Create a fee record."  Okay, that's good.

Now this year, when we apply payments, they are first applied to those outstanding fees from last year.   And so, basically, we want to delete all of the 2007-8 fee records.  Or is there another way to negate/reconcile the fees from last year?

if deletion is the way to go (I don't think it is worth our while to try to individually account for all last year's payments at this point - then is the best way to do this as you describe, from the main ledger tab and one-by-one with the Ctrl-D keys?  Makes sense.

Robert
Community Bible Church, Nashville, TN
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:22:49 AM by rhaleyiii »

Lisa Wilder

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 10:51:49 AM »
That's how I ended up doing it and it went pretty fast.  I also had to delete prior year fees so make sure when you use the filter that you are on the prior year.  Also be careful that when the window pops up double-checking that you want to delete the item, you verify that it is the correct item.  I found that when you apply the filter and show only the items you want to delete and then proceed with the Ctrl-D key to delete down the list (per Rick's instructions), if a particular clubber has more than one fee record it will ask about deleting each one EVEN though it is not showing up on your filtered report.  Kind of hard to describe but just watch what you delete.

Rick, you may want to check this one.

ksaathoff

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 11:23:11 AM »
You can also Waive the fees from previous years, if you want to have a record of what people received, but just not have them pay for it.  That's what I did this year.  I'd check the total of fees required for the current year, and if the household balance was greater, I'd check for fees in previous years.  Then I'd waive all the previous year's fees so that the total due equalled the household balance.  I figured it was better to keep the records that were in the database and just eliminate the amount that was due.