Author Topic: Export clubber from AWdb at an old church to AWdb at a new church  (Read 4356 times)

raymondajames

Export clubber from AWdb at an old church to AWdb at a new church
« on: September 15, 2016, 03:52:19 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

Several Clubbers are changing churches and the old church currently is using AWDB and the new church will be using AWDB shortly. I see a way to export and then import, but the import and export columns don't seem to match so it's not doing the import correctly. I'm probably just not finding the correct way to do it. Can I get a little help?

Thanks, Ray
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:59:00 AM by Annette »

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: Export clubber from AWdb at an old church to AWdb at a new church
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 10:05:00 AM »
You can export from any grid, so the information you export is based on your selections in that grid.

The import is designed for initial data load of personal information (names, addresses, contact information, etc - generally from a church database) or updates from on-line registration.

You could export/import some information for the clubbers by choosing specific information from the grids to export and then mapping them for the import. You are limited by the import mapping fields.  (You can print a list of the import mapping fields from step 2 of the import.)

Unless you have a very large group of clubbers that are all transferring from another church's Awana program, it's probably quicker to just add them by hand than to mess with all of the export and import stuff.

We recommend that the 'sending' church print out a Member Profile Report for the clubber.  Then the 'receiving' church can use that to add the historical information that they would like to track.