Author Topic: Adding additional club nights, for only one club  (Read 5082 times)

cherieo

Adding additional club nights, for only one club
« on: April 21, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Rick I have a question for you.  We need to add 2 additional club nights to T&T only, as they had an additional night to do verses and the last night is Awards Night.  The Sparks and Cubbies ended with their award night on 4/20/11, but our award night will be 4/27/11.  Is it possible to do this for only one club?    We have very large clubs with a secretary for each one.  I am the secretary for T&T and still have last nights sections completed to enter, although it was the last night for Cubbies and Sparks.  Hope this makes sense.

Cherie
T&T Secretary
Westlink Christian Church
Wichita, KS
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:39:39 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Adding additional club nights, for only one club
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »
Yes, you can add additional dates for only one particular club. Go to Admin > Club Setup > Club Calendars and click the button in the toolbar labeled "Add or Delete Dates". 

You will see in Step 2 that you can select one or more clubs.  Note: I suggest you also select the generic "Awana" club along with your "T&T" club so you'll be able to track leader attendance.

In Step 3 select "Add a new Club Session Date" and then select the first of two dates.  Click Run.  After the processing is complete, you'll have to repeat the selections for the second of two dates.

cherieo

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:03:25 AM »
Thanks!  :)  Also, I have wondered, kind of a silly question, but with the generic "Awana", what exactly does that do?  Does it add certain tracking?  If dates are deleted, does that need to be checked also?

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »

You will see in Step 2 that you can select one or more clubs.  Note: I suggest you also select the generic "Awana" club along with your "T&T" club so you'll be able to track leader attendance.

David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

cherieo

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 09:32:48 PM »
Is that the only thing that it will add is tracking leader attendance?  Currently, we aren't tracking leader attendance, but probably plan to in the future.  Thanks for all the help!   ;D

Rick Leffler

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:46:52 AM »
Yes that is primarily what the generic "Awana" club name is used for .... to have a generic club name that you can assign leaders to.  

There is nothing wrong with assigning leaders to a specific club, especially if they are say the Sparks Director for example, but you will always have some leaders that serve multiple clubs (pastor, commander, secretary, games director, and any folks who serve on a floating basis wherever they're needed), and it is these leaders that are most appropriately assigned to the "Awana" club.

Another approach to keep it simple and consistent is to just assign ALL leaders to the "Awana" club and then use the Leadership Role to identify the relevant club such as:  Cubbies Director, Sparks Director, etc.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:51:01 PM by Annette »