Author Topic: Cubbies attendance showing by quarter but not by semester?  (Read 5213 times)

godsservant

Cubbies attendance showing by quarter but not by semester?
« on: April 23, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

I just tried to print the report for Cubbies for the second semester.  Lion club attendance patches are given 2/year thus every semester.  However when I tried to print that report for the semester dates - it gave me those children for the 3rd quarter.  I know during the set up we printed how many they had to attend out of the semester totals.  So to figure it out I had to  print out an attendance log for the club - draw a line for the semester and hand count them. Not horrible considering there are only 36 Cubbies but would have been nice to have it automated.  Did I do something wrong or is this a bug?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:39:24 AM by Annette »

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
Re: Cubbies attendance showing by quarter but not by semester?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »
How are your Attendance Awards set-up in Admin?
By default, they are set to Quarters but you can change it to Semester.
Admin > Awards > Attendance Awards > Club > under the heading TERM, click on Quarter in Cubbie line grid and select Semester in the drop-down menu. You may want to adjust "Absences Allowed Per Term" setting too. Click Save. Re-run the Attendance Awards procedure under TOOLS and hopefully this works for you.  :)

[Note: in the Windows app, the Awards tab is under Admin > System Settings. akj]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:43:18 AM by Annette »
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

godsservant

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »
I tried this and we had been set to quarters - I changed to semesters, updated the absences allowed and saved.  But when printing the report it still said quarters and had the quarter date, even after refreshing and closing out and reopening the program.  Is there something else that should be set?

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:52:10 AM »
I'm guessing that you are referring to seeing the word "Quarter" appearing in the Note field?  If so, that would make sense since those Award records were created before you changed your Admin settings.  Here's what I would do...   

1. Run the backup utility.
2. Click the Awards tab, and then set the Earned Date in the toolbar to All Dates.  Then apply a filter to the Source column so that ONLY the Club Attendance and SS Attendance awards are visible.  Now you can multi-select all of the records that you don't like the Note description on, and then you can delete them. 
3. Run the Attendance Awards Procedure again for each Quarter so the Award records will get recreated if they don't already exist. (Don't worry, duplicates will not be created.)