Author Topic: Tracking club growth over the years  (Read 6104 times)

DavidCrow

Tracking club growth over the years
« on: April 14, 2010, 12:42:10 PM »
Note: This request applies to the Cloud database's Windows App as well as the Legacy database.

We've been using AW for almost four years now.  It has helped in many regards.  One thing that I've never been able to extract from it is how does this club year compare to past club years in terms of enrollment.  When I get asked if the club is growing (and by how much), I really have no solid answer.  The "club year" combobox in the toolbar does not really filter as I would expect, but when I think about what it should be filtering on, I come up empty.  I guess the question is, what constitutes a kid being in club during the 200x-200y year?  A registration date (which would exclude those clubbers that came all year but never registered)?  Attending 1 or more days of the club year?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:54:01 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Tracking club growth over the years
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:44:11 AM »
I noticed this posting was never responded to so I thought I'd re-open this topic. Does anyone have any ideas about how we could address this?

The only idea I have would be to design a report that includes a graph (bar chart or line chart) of total club attendance from one year to the next.  This could be similar to the current Attendance Report where the chart is at the top of the page and the details are listed below, except that it would be for an entire club year and you could select the specific number of club years to display.  Would that be enough?

Karin

Re: Tracking club growth over the years
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:13:18 PM »
I just saw this posting and it sounds like a great idea!  If it hasn't already been addressed somewhere else, I think it would be a very valuable tool.  We currently print out weekly reports throughout the year, but to be able to see at a glance how the club is doing from year to year would be wonderful!   :)  As for my two cents...  yes, to being able to choose which years to compare and the Attendance Report format would work well, I think.   What number would you use for each year's total, the average number of clubbers/leaders?  Another option might be to have the choice to compare not just year to year, but week to week.  For instance: week 1 of 1 club year to week 1 of the next club year and so on...  that way you could see if a particular week is always low, or when does your spring slump usually happen, or how many clubbers did we have this week last year...   or whatever.   :)