Author Topic: Transfer of data to Excel  (Read 5381 times)

rwsiii1

Transfer of data to Excel
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:08:47 PM »
Is it possible to transfer the address data to excel so it can be emailed to my leaders? New to the software and was just wondering.

Thanks,
Bob

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
Re: Transfer of data to Excel
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »
Try this and see if it is what you want.

Reports > Mailing Labels > Leaders... and set any other options needed here. Then Print to FILE. Your printing dialog should have a little box to check in lower left. Choose a file name and select where to send it. Click OK

There are many ways to retrieve data from the clubber and leader grid views too. By hiding unwanted columns and then choosing the Export option from the Grid button in the header bar. You may have to 'tidy up' some of the files in Excel for readability, but pretty cool custom reports for sure.

Also, since I am on the subject  ;), by selective filtering and hiding unwanted data, you can export as a CSV file for easy address or name merging with MS Word or other applications.

Welcome to the forum  :)
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

HCCAwana

Re: Transfer of data to Excel
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »
In our club we wanted to be able to get address and contact phone numbers (home, cell, emergency) into Excel. The Clubber List - Contact Information report does a nice job of providing a printed format, but doesn't import well. On the Clubbers grid I could only find a way to export the primary phone and e-mail.

Therefore, I put together the following SQL to include Cell and Emergency phone numbers in addition to Home phone and E-mail.

SELECT R.Club_Name, P.Person_ID, P.Mailing_Name, P.Filing_Name, H.Parent_Name, H.Address_Line1, H.City, H.State, H.Postal_Code,  C1.Contact_Person AS "Emergency_Contact", C1.Display_As AS "Emergency", C2.Display_As AS "Home Phone", C3.Display_As AS "Cell Phone", C4.Display_As AS "E-Mail"
FROM Person P, Administration A
INNER JOIN Role R ON R.Person_ID=P.Person_ID
INNER JOIN Household H ON P.Household_ID=H.Household_ID
LEFT JOIN Communication C1 ON (
   (C1.Household_ID=H.Household_ID)
   AND (C1.Type='Emergency'))
LEFT JOIN Communication C2 ON (
   (C2.Household_ID=H.Household_ID)
   AND (C2.Type='Home Phone'))
LEFT JOIN Communication C3 ON (
   (C3.Household_ID=H.Household_ID)
   AND (C3.Type='Cell Phone'))