Author Topic: Filing name, Mailing name, parent(s) name...  (Read 5117 times)

thyng

Filing name, Mailing name, parent(s) name...
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Hello all,
  I am just starting out in this program trying to enter clubber's info.  But, I'm not sure what the difference is between filing name and mailing name.  This is further confused for me because the grandmother - with a different last name then the kids - is the primary contact person.  But, I do have info for both parents.  The grandmother is the one who brings the kids to club, but the parents are the ones entered on the emergency contact form.  So, where do I enter the grandmother's name?  And whose last name do I put in the filing name and mailing name?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:46:36 AM by Annette »

Mainah

Re: Filing name, Mailing name, parent(s) name...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 06:52:25 PM »
Lets see.  I would use the clubbers name for filing name.
Mailing name is the same name, but adds the Title: Mr or Miss or whatever you have chosen up above for that clubber.  That is the name that will show up on mailing labels if you make them. (in Reports)

For multiple adult family members:
Open up the clubber record where you typed in the clubbers name and birthday and all.  On the Main tab, which is where you did that, look to the right and see Household.  That section would include all the info about the parents and also their names and address, which I assume is also the clubber's address.  You can add the first names of the parents in with the Mr and Mrs Whomever that filled in there when you type the clubbers full name on the left.  If you want mail to go to the grandmother instead, I would change the Household info to the grandmother's data.  It will be critical then to add the parent contact info as detailed in the next paragraph.  Another way to keep track of the clubbers home address in this case would be to add it to the Notes section (bottom left) of the Misc tab.  I did this to keep track of a clubbers winter address.  If this is a brand new clubber that you haven't saved and reopened, click the little save icon...it isn't the word "Save" but the classic save symbol. This will help in Member Link described below.

Then down in the next area, called Contact info is where you put things about both the parents and the grandmother.  Double click in there to open it up, (or click on Phones/Email in the toolbar at the top of the  member page.)  You can enter as many cell phone and emergency numbers, and email addresses as you need.   Choose the type, then enter the actual number or address, then in Member Link start typing the clubber's first name and it will auto fill.  Then under contact person, type the mother or father or grandmother whomever the number or address belongs to.  You will be able to click only one phone number and one email address to be the primary contact for this clubber.  You may decide to use the grandmothers phone and email address if she has one.  That would be up to the situation.

I hope that helps.
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine