Author Topic: State Required Volunteer Training  (Read 3279 times)

MaureenCooper

• Tri-City Awana Clubs
State Required Volunteer Training
« on: September 27, 2022, 09:15:17 PM »
California is now requiring a Volunteer Training Course to work with minors.  There are two types of Training -- Mandated Reporter Training and then Volunteer Training. Would you be able to add these trainings to Training Module?  I do record these trainings on a spread sheet, but I thought it would be good to put it into the database. What do you think?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:35:04 AM by Annette »
Maureen Cooper
Commander
Tri-City Church, Vista CA

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: State Required Volunteer Training
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 09:34:10 AM »
You can track training for leaders in the Windows App under Leaders > Training History. You can also add your own custom training items. Go to Admin > System Settings > Generic Lookups and select the Category of Leadership Training on the left. On the right, add the item's Description (like "Mandatory Reporter Training"), the base club (use 'Awana' to apply to all leaders), and check that it is required.

These custom training items will then be available in the list of options when adding a training item to a leader's record.

To quickly add these records to all of your leaders, use multi-select in the Leader's grid along with the pop-up menu item of "Add Leadership training record".
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:45:57 AM by Annette »

MaureenCooper

• Tri-City Awana Clubs
Re: State Required Volunteer Training
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 03:14:15 PM »
Perfect.  Thank you so much.  I love this program :)
Maureen Cooper
Commander
Tri-City Church, Vista CA