Author Topic: One clubber in two clubs  (Read 4470 times)

gilstadg

One clubber in two clubs
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:15:36 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

We have one clubber who is listed against two clubs (Trek and T&T UA) and we can't change it.

1. As far as I can tell, there is only one clubber record.  On the clubbers tab, she only appears once in the list when I show all statuses. 

2. The only thing in her records for Trek are the date listings in the attendance tab.  I tried deleting the attendance records, and that seemed to fix it.  It removed her from the Trek check-in tab and the check-in / progress report, which was really the whole problem.   :)

3.  When I run the database optimization, it adds those records back in.  ???

This is from the log and looks like it is relevant:
Verifying Club Session records for each active and inactive member...
... _________ was missing week number(s): 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,
Done.

4.  In the Household members area she shows up 3 times- twice in Trek. This is probably the heart of the problem, but I can't make it go away.  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:28:07 AM by Annette »

gilstadg

Re: One clubber in two clubs
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 11:26:41 PM »
Just to clarify - she shows up three times in the household members area on the main page of every member of the household.

In the Household tab, she is only listed once when her household is expanded.

Annette

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 11:13:23 AM »
Thanks for all of the details.  You were on the right track when you deleted the extra attendance records (which is what causes a member to show up on the check-in grid).  The optimize is recreating them because the member still has a Role Record (in this case for Trek).  I'm not sure what caused multiple role records in this case - that would take some more investigation, but here is the solution:

Open the member record. In the lower left corner, just under "LIT for Club:", right click.  This will open a pop-up list.  Select "Open the Roles dialog".  You will probably find 3 role records. (The Household Members section in the lower right of the member form uses these roles, which is why you are seeing the clubber listed multiple times in that section.)  Delete the incorrect ones.  Save and Close.  Now you should see the member listed only once in the Household section.  Also check the attendance tab again and delete any errant attendance records.  This time when you run the optimize, it should not recreate them.

gilstadg

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 09:07:01 PM »
That did it. Thanks.