Author Topic: What do YOU use Flags for?  (Read 5109 times)

Mainah

What do YOU use Flags for?
« on: August 27, 2008, 02:42:06 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

Just wondering.  I found a use, but I wonder what others use them for.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 12:25:53 PM by Annette »
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

awana7713

Re: What do YOU use Flags for?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 06:31:48 AM »
I'm not sure what you're asking - so I'm wondering what do you use flags for?  Is that a feature in the AW program?
Denise - Federal Way, WA

Mainah

Re: What do YOU use Flags for?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:15:50 AM »
Click on a leader record.  Then click the Misc tab and look at the far right bottom corner.  The drop down there contains all these cool colored flags.  Those flags then have a column on the Leader page. 

I used them to code which leaders have paid for their uniforms and which haven't.  We use the polos as indicated in the catalog...blue for Cubbies leaders, Red for Sparks etc.  So, for uniforms we collect a one-time leader fee.  $20 they pay once as long as they serve in Awana in our church.  We collect all the uniforms at the end of the year.  Stain treat them, package them in those non-sip food bags taped shut with a large size label sticker on the bag.  Then, when leader sign-up comes around, leaders can feel free to work in a different club level without having to buy a new shirt.  We just assign them a shirt from our inventory.  Every year we might have to buy half a dozen new shirts for correct sizes, but it is an easy plan for everyone, (except maybe the stain-treater/packager which would be me, so it's no big deal. 

Anyway, green flags are for those who have paid that fee, red is for those who haven't, blue is for LITS who are too small to wear one of the leader polos so they have opted out of the one-time leader fee for now, and agree to buy a matching color polo in their size.  Yellow has been for those leaders who have come back after a couple years of now working in Awana, and my pre-AW records don't accurately express whether they paid the fee or not!!

Ok, more than you asked for, I'm sure!
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine