Author Topic: Adjusting Base Clubs  (Read 4739 times)

ebbcawana

• Me and Art Rorheim
Adjusting Base Clubs
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

I have a BIG question for the techy people..... is there a way to add BASE CLUBS after you begin a new year????

I have been given the permission to track our VBS and Sunday School children Ministries with the AW software (this is great as it allows me to figure out who is coming to Awana BUT NOT to Sunday School or vice versa).

I want to create a BASE CLUB called Sunday School and then assign my children to it based on their ages (which I know how to do) and also use the existing VBS base club for our summer VBS so I can follow up with children after it is over.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!  I have looked all over the database admin features and cannot seem to find a way to do it.

Thanks - Ken Baker
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:35:02 AM by Annette »
EBBC Awana Commander since 2003 and user of AW since 2007-2008 Club Year

Rick Leffler

Re: Adjusting Base Clubs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 08:28:47 PM »
Ken, I can give you instructions on how to add a new Base Club record easily enough, but I am concerned it will open a can-o-worms because you won't be able to accomplish what you want. 

A clubber can only be assigned to ONE "club" within a given club year and thus the set of session records that get created are associated to that single club.  If you create a new Sunday School club and even set up a series of 52 session dates for each Sunday of the year (which is easily done), you won't be able to assign a clubber to that new club without losing valuable data for their existing/previous club.  If you try using the member's Club Name field and switch it from say Sparks to Sunday School, you will lose all of the existing Sparks session records.

The reason that we can currently track VBS or CAMP for example, is that the dates for VBS fall OUTSIDE of the typical Awana Club Year, thus there is no conflict.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:01:00 AM by Annette »