Author Topic: Current Handbook Status  (Read 5949 times)

Commander Jon

• SVBC Awana Clubs
Current Handbook Status
« on: September 20, 2011, 02:30:23 PM »
Note: This request applies to the Cloud database's Windows App as well as the Legacy database.

Would it be possible to add the ability to print a BLANK Handbook Status report?  When a new clubber attends he/she won't have an assigned handbook just yet, plus we do not have a printer available at the check-in station to print them on the fly.  Having a blank form would be helpful for those occasions.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:54:40 AM by Annette »
Jonathan Coulter
Commander
Shenandoah Valley Baptist Church
Stephens City VA

Rick Leffler

Re: Current Handbook Status
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:52:34 PM »
I assume you're asking for the "Detail" type of report that lists all of the handbook sections?  If so, we would need to know what handbook you wanted to print.  We can discuss that here, but a workaround you might use in the meantime would be to print a page for one of your clubbers that hasn't done any sections yet in the books you want and then put a label over the name and then make some photocopies to have on-hand.

Commander Jon

• SVBC Awana Clubs
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:21:49 PM »
Yes, the detail.  I'm not looking for any one particular handbook.  The workaround will do it.  In fact, after thinking about it, I can create a bogus clubber and assign handbooks as needed.  Then just make them inactive when I'm done printing the blank sheets.
Jonathan Coulter
Commander
Shenandoah Valley Baptist Church
Stephens City VA

cherieo

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »
Was there ever a Blank Status Sheet feature ever added?  We use blank ones all the time when we have a new clubber, if we don't get a chance to print a status sheet beforehand.
Thanks!

Update 2/17/22: Legacy database v. 5.9.1.2 added a new report called "Handbook Worksheets" that allows you to print blank worksheets for selected In-Use handbooks. The report was also added to the Windows App in 5.5.6.5.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 01:02:25 PM by Annette »

Sherri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »
since the books have different section formats, you need to know which book, in order to print a blank form correctly for that book.  Which would mean updating the report dialog -- adding a checkbox to say you want a blank form & a dropdown menu to pick a book for a blank report.

That's probably doable, but another possibility is to put a 'Print Blank Status Form' option on the Handbook Dialog. (& perhaps on the Admin > Curriculum page to print a form for whichever handbook is selected.)
Sherri Meadows
Monument, CO

LCB Ministries

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 10:11:39 AM »
I created a household with the last name clubber. This household has one child in each book and the child's name is the name of the book. I put all the "Clubber" in a special team so they don't print when I am printing my weekly check-in and status reports but a can print a blank status to have in my visitor forms.