Author Topic: Deleted 4 club nights due to winter weather, attendance doesn't match up  (Read 6425 times)

cherieo

Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

Rick,
We had 4 club nights back in Jan/Feb that we had to delete out of our calendars due to weather.  I went in and used the Admin tool, and deleted those nights.  Well, we are now trying to run some year end reports for attendance, and the software shifted other clubs night to fill in the one that were supposed to be deleted so it has another dates club attendance on a night that was supposed to be deleted.  Now, to also clarify, we have Cubbies, Sparks, and T&T, and each of those clubs have a different secretary since we have large clubs.  I am the T&T Secretary.  Well, the Cubbies apparently just went in and counted every one as present for those nights.   Could different clubs within the same software mess it up?

Thanks!
Cherie Clemons
Westlink Christian Church T&T Secretary
Wichita, KS
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 12:16:47 PM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

If you go to the Admin > Club Setup > Club Calendars toolbar and then click the "Add or Delete Dates" button you will get the "Club Date Modifications" utility dialog.  I will assume this is what you used to delete the 4 club dates.  Step 2 allows you to select specifically which clubs will be affected.  I'm guessing you only deleted the T&T club dates and not the Cubbies and Sparks.  If this is correct then it makes sense what you describe.  The correct action would be to also delete the same 4 club dates for all of your clubs (including the "Awana" club that is used for assigning leaders).  Once you do this, all of the club weeks will be shifted/recounted for all clubs and they will match up once again.

Sherri

• Global Moderator
so Rick, I'm curious, do you have a suggestion on the best way to handle canceled club nights?

We also just mark the clubbers as all being excused on those nights.  (This is really easy using the Action menu on the Check-in Module's toolbar: Action > Excuse > Excuse the Club and SS absences for All members this week)

Cherie, was there a specific reason why you needed to delete the club nights instead?  I'm wondering if there is a benefit to doing it that way that I don't know about...
Sherri Meadows
Monument, CO

cherieo

Thank you Rick!  We will try that and see how it goes.  :)  Sherri, I do not know if there is a benefit one way or not.  I guess it just made more sense to me that since we didn't have that night at all, and nobody went, that it should just be totally taken out.  Do you know what I mean? :)

Rick Leffler

I tend to favor deleting a particular club date if NO ONE attends (such as in the case of a snow storm), that way all the weeks are renumbered and the math works out more realistically for Attendance ratios and you don't have any confusing side-effects on reports.    The other approach to excuse absences works best when only SOME clubbers are absent.

millersrus96

hmmm this is very interesting. I was using the excused function the same way Sherri did. I thought since it was excused that it was removed from the math. the fact this was a function at all almost screamed "snow day" to me.

Very Good to know what the software is thinking when you choose the option.

in light of rick's recommendation, I may consider deleting in the future.

Maybe an enhancement Rick - Add "Snow day" to the excused feature. note the difference on the selection tab. (Excused = partial absences, included in calculations . . .  Snow Day = all absent, removed from calculations.)

Rick Leffler

It would probably be nice to have an explanatory confirmation message pop up if a user selects the Check-in List action to Excuse All. That way they'd be properly informed and they may then consider deleting the specific club date.