Author Topic: Events Module  (Read 5006 times)

Awana@CBVB

Events Module
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

I am updating our db with the clubbers who participated in our area's BQ event.  I have two issues that I have come across when entering the information:

1) The Name field is easily searchable but doesn't indicate which club a clubber is in. This may not happen often but we had a T&T clubber with the exam same name as a Sparky.  I was unable in the event dialog to figure out which clubber was the one in T&T who had actually participated.  I eventually entered the data for both clubbers and went back to delete the Spark who obviously did not compete.  IF there was a way to show the base club associated with name in the search field, it may be helpful in certain situations.

2) I am noticing that in our db, not all the awards are listed.  I specifically note that the Yellow (Book 4) participation patch was not showing up as an award option to select.  I rechecked the inventory to make sure a corresponding item was listed (which it is as a missionary item and which is selected to show up in any AWARD dialog).  I also checked under the awards section of the Admin tab and note that it is listed there as well.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?  I see all the other awards fine.

Related to number 2 is that I was also trying to input the award pin given to our leaders who coached for the BQ event. I did not see one in the award dialog for the event module and noted it was not in the award section of the Admin module either. I created a new inventory item exactly like the other awards seemed to be listed. However, when I went back to the admin section and tried to add the award to the T&T Bible Quizzing event, it was not coming up in the description line. 

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions!  JAG
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:40:06 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Events Module
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »
1. In the Event dialog, I'll add the Club Name next to the Member's name as you've requested.

2. You are correct to go first to the Inventory list and open the relevant item representing the Yellow Participation Patch (item 71458 I assume).  Under the Club Usage tab, be sure the first checkbox is checked to indicate this is an item used in your club.  Also check the 2nd box to indicate the item is being used as an Award.

Note: Set the main Inventory List to show "All items" otherwise you will not be able to locate items marked as 'not in use' since they will not be displayed in the list when showing only "Items we use".

After making sure the Inventory item record is good, save and close it. Go to Admin > Awards > Event Awards. Select the Event Name to show all currently associated awards. If the specific Award is not listed, add it by clicking in the top blank row that says, "Click here to add a new row".

[Note: in the Windows app, the Awards tab is under Admin > System Settings.]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:54:48 AM by Annette »

Awana@CBVB

Re: Events Module
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:56:03 PM »
A quick follow-up:

I was able to get the Yellow book four patch to come up by checking the box indicating it is in use in our club.  This issue is resolved.

I am also tyring to enter teh coach's pin that was awarded them for their participation. I did not see this item in the inventory list (even after selecting "all items") and was trying to add a new item to the inventory.  When I got through setting up the item and worked through all the tabs, the following message was displayed when I tried to save the item: "Field 'Awana_Name' must have a value".  I did not see any such field and was wondering what I missed.

I tried looking up the item in the online catalog but seeing it is a missionary item, I did not come across it.  Any help is appreciated.