Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Q&A / Re: Color Teams on Check-in Report
« Last post by Annette on September 09, 2020, 08:30:36 AM »
First, a note about the option to print the Team Color inside a block of the Team's color.... this will only show in the header information when grouping by Club Name, Team Color.  It does not apply to each person's team color in the column of the report.

The blank lines are displayed when there is no Team Color assigned. I ran your report for all clubs grouped by Club Name.  The first page is Cubbies and the blank line is showing under the team color because none of the Cubbies have a team color assigned.  When I look at the page for Sparks, the team colors do show in the column.

Could it be that you just didn't realize that first page was showing Cubbies who didn't have a Team Color? If you also aren't seeing them for the other clubs, then there is something else going on with your selection options.  In that case, please send an email to support and we will work with you directly.
Q&A / Color Teams on Check-in Report
« Last post by mvbiblechurch on September 08, 2020, 03:00:37 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

I have checked team color in the visible columns ... I have checked "I am using a color printer, so print the team color text inside a block of the team's color" and yet the only thing that shows up on the report is a column titled "Team Color", but following each clubber is just a blank line.  What else do I need to do to get the team color to show up on this report?  Thank you for any help!
Q&A / Re: Inventory report
« Last post by Barb@OakGroveFWBC on July 25, 2020, 09:40:32 AM »
Thanks for  your help, I'll give it a try!!
Q&A / Re: Awana GO Award
« Last post by MaureenCooper on May 08, 2020, 12:44:06 PM »
That worked.  Thank you.
Q&A / Re: Awana GO Award
« Last post by Annette on May 08, 2020, 10:40:13 AM »
You need to change the award trigger under Admin.

In the Windows App, go to Admin > System Settings > Curriculum (Legacy database: Admin > Curriculum) and open the book record for Discovery of Grace. On the Section Groups and Awards tab, locate the record with the Section Group Name of "Awana GO". NOTE: there are three separate records for the three different Award Sets (i.e., Emblems, UC1 Emblems and UC2 Emblems) that all need to be changed. TIP: filter the Section Group Name column to show only "Awana GO" to quickly locate all of them.

For each row, click in the "Award" column and there will be a dropdown arrow at the end.  Click that and select the Yellow emblem. Then click the small checkmark button at the bottom of the grid to save the change.

That will cause the yellow emblem to be triggered when that section is completed.  It will not change any red awards that were already triggered.  To do that, open the individual award record (from the main Awards module, or the clubber's Awards tab in the member record). In the Award Name field, click the dropdown and select the yellow award.  If you have a lot of these, let us know and we can help you get them switched.
Q&A / Awana GO Award
« Last post by MaureenCooper on May 07, 2020, 08:05:19 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

When I check the Awana GO completed box, it only allows me to choose the Red patch.  The other 3 colors are in the inventory.  We are using the Yellow one this year because it matches DOG handbook.  I have it marked as in use. What am I not doing?
Q&A / Re: Projected awards on report
« Last post by Annette on April 27, 2020, 09:28:31 AM »
Because Trek and Journey often have multiple books (ie Bible readings or two handbooks), it makes it tricky to predict the awards.  The code right now shows the same award for completion of each part. Especially this year in Journey where they've returned to two study guides plus the Bible reading, it will show the award for each piece.

That aside, I see that for a given book it is sometimes showing multiple awards and that is a bug.  We are currently working on this report to address the bug and also make it more accurate for Trek and Journey.

Update 1/27/2021: the Current Handbook Status Report underwent significant work for version 5.5.4.2 of the Windows App (AWdbRemote.exe). Journey awards are handled better, although be aware that all pieces of a requirement for book completion (i.e. 2 study guides plus a Bible reading) need to be assigned as a current book in order for the report to predict an award. With all pieces assigned, the award will show just once.
Q&A / Projected awards on report
« Last post by MaureenCooper on April 24, 2020, 12:44:48 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Cloud database's Windows App!

There are multiple projected completed book awards on the clubber status report. For instance, they show the 5th book award, Milestone 3 times. 

Videos / Working with Grids
« Last post by Annette on April 10, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »
All information regarding working with grids is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Grids are used throughout the AW database. Understanding how to customize a grid and manipulate the data in the grid will increase efficiency in data entry and provide helpful information about the data. This video will cover:

Customizing the Grid: Showing / Hiding header bands and columns
Manipulating Data: Sorting; Grouping; Filtering
Finding Records: Incremental searches; Search boxes

http://www.approvedworkman.com/videos/Working_with_Grids.mp4

Note: the video does not cover selecting multiple records in the grid.  For that information, please see this post: https://www.approvedworkman.com/forum/index.php?topic=389.0.
Videos / Inventory - Beyond the Basics
« Last post by Annette on April 10, 2020, 12:17:40 PM »
While this video applies specifically to the Legacy database, much of the process also applies to the Cloud database's Windows App.

The Getting Started Series of videos included basic information about the Inventory.  This video provides additional information for those planning to track inventory in the database. It covers the initial setup and a quick look at Orders.

http://www.approvedworkman.com/videos/Inv_BeyondBasics.mp4
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10