Author Topic: Check-out/check-in procedure problem  (Read 6595 times)

sueh

Check-out/check-in procedure problem
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

Last year I used the check out/in with no problems. This year the information is not getting transferred. This happened two weeks now. The Sparks secretary is entering the information on the check in screen and when I check in the database all material is gone.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:41:00 AM by Annette »

sueh

Re: Check-out/check-in procedure problem
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »
update information

I have found out that the version being "checked out" to another flash drive is the version prior to the one we are using in the main database.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:11:54 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:00:11 PM »
It is imperative that the versions match. NO updates should ever be applied if there are any clubs checked out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:12:01 AM by Annette »

sueh

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:49:29 AM »
I did not run an update while a club was checked out but it seems that there are files that stay on the secondary usb after I check in.  After I run an update do I need to delete the files from the secondary usb before I check out again?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:12:11 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 09:59:50 AM »
I suspect the problems you have encountered are a result of not having the latest version of the "ApprovedWorkman.exe" file properly located in the "Approved Workman" folder.  (notice the space between the two words and the exact spelling)  The EXE MUST be located in the Approved Workman folder along with a "Data" subfolder.   If you launch the database from an old version of the EXE located elsewhere, or even if you launch the database using the correct EXE but that EXE is NOT located in the Approved Workman folder as it should be this will cause problems.

Regards deleting files from the USB flash drive that was used as a Secondary DB with checked out clubs...  normally it is not necessary to delete the files but in this case I think it would be a good idea.

The objective is to be sure you have the latest EXE located in the "Approved Workman" folder. (be sure to include the space between the two words and make sure they are spelled exactly as shown)  Also in the Approved Workman folder should be the Data subfolder.  You do not want any other copies or old versions of the ApprovedWorkman.exe in these folders or anywhere on your desktop or on the USB drive where they might be launched accidentally. You also want to be sure that any destkop shortcut you may have truly IS pointing to the "ApprovedWorkman.exe" in the "Approved Workman" folder.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:12:18 AM by Annette »

sueh

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »
I checked and I have the Approved Workmen exec. shortcut and data file in the Approved Workmen folder. I did delete everything off of the secondary flash drive and that seems to be working OK now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:12:25 AM by Annette »