Author Topic: Material Orders - export  (Read 4517 times)

tapper1

Material Orders - export
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Is there any way to export the Order data to Excel?

There is no grid that shows up.  I am trying to reconcile data between the order form and the AW database.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:41:36 AM by Annette »
Terry Printz
Commander
Christ Community Church
Zion Il

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
Re: Material Orders - export
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 12:46:03 PM »
Hey Tapper, the only way I see is to use the "Print to File" option in the Printing Dialog, choosing Excel from the drop down list. Works here  ;)
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

tapper1

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »
Thank you - I will give it a try.  I did find a a way using the inventory section to constrain on the current order - it was not perfect but saved a lot of typing.  I had to total each line item but I did find a lot of errors.  People should be aware that the AWANA website is very difficult to use for ordering - I found that the order # of items would change while I was building the order.

Lots of double checking was required.

thanks again.
Terry Printz
Commander
Christ Community Church
Zion Il

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:55:10 PM »
Since we are talking about Orders here, I wanted to share my ordering technique. (I am sure there are many!) I use AWdb to put my order together, consulting the online Awana Store as needed. In the Inventory grid, I do a quick sort like "Hang" in the search box and everything Hangglider appears, then right-click my item(s) and choose 'add to order'. (I adjust quantity later if needed) Rarely do I use the catalog but it is handy to verify items. After order is together, I print it out, and then online in the Awana Store I use the Quick Add feature and Quantity to produce my order. After submitting, I open AWdb order and put in the Awana Order# and shipping charge. Imputing all Awana orders this way allows me to make an ad-hoc report to track my expenses. I am waiting for a General and Designated sort feature per item line.  ;) The AWdb order report is easy way to fax in orders but receiving the order is a day or two slower than ordering online I have found.
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team