Author Topic: Zero out points  (Read 7739 times)

sylonen

Zero out points
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:17:58 AM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

I need to zero out the points for just the T&T Group.  If I click on the "Reset Net Points to zero for all Members" button under Admin/Database Utilities/Misc Procedures, will I be given any options or will the zeroing process begin immediately? 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 12:20:29 PM by Annette »
Sue

LC

Re: Zero out points
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »
If you run the "Reset Net Points to zero for all Members" utility, it will zero out the net points of ALL clubbers. 

I attempted to delete T&T points in their member records, and also in the Clubbers and Check-In grids.  Neither succeeded in zeroing out select clubs/clubbers' points.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  :-[

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 11:12:43 PM »
Depending on the size of your T&T Club and how much time you have,  ;), you could open TOOLS> Club Store and select T&T from Club list at top right, then spend their points. (Shame shame) ;D. Someone probably could write some SQL code to do this in one click for all  ???
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »
sylonen:   I'm interested in understanding WHY you want to zero all the points for the T&T Club?  Please elaborate.  Based on your response I can likely offer a solution for you.

sylonen

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 06:48:02 AM »
We are having the kids use their points to attend special events.  T&T had a Timberwolves basketball night for the boys and a spa night for the girls.  We gave them a discount off of their ticket price if they had a certain amount of points.  After the event we want to zero out points and have them start earning again for the next event.  The Sparky group is doing the same thing, but they are on a different time schedule.
Sue

sylonen

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 06:49:55 AM »
FYI - I was a systems analyst in my former life, so I could probably handle writing or running SQL code to do this if I had a better understanding of the table layout.
Sue

Rick Leffler

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »
Thank you for the explanation. In this particular situation, the easiest approach would be to use the Club Store screen as Dave suggested and "spend" the points.  Click Tools > Club Store.   Then apply a filter to show only T&T clubbers.