Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /homepages/12/d802028692/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3863
Sort Award List Report by Award Name

Author Topic: Sort Award List Report by Award Name  (Read 1565 times)

Emily

• Modesto Harpist
Sort Award List Report by Award Name
« on: February 04, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »
We're a little past half way through our club year, and some of the kids in our club have already finished their books.  When I open the report to see just how many have finished their books, I see a lovely list in alphabetical order, by first or last name.  But I'm thinking... at our awards ceremony at the end of the year, it would be nice to award all the First year books awards first, and then award all the Second year book awards second, and so on and so fourth.  But you can't sort either the completed handbooks report or the award list by award.  If you have some spare time, and want to make that enhancement, I'd be giddy with excitement.   ;D

~Emily Duncan
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:04:25 AM by Rick Leffler »
Hi! :-)

Mainah

Re: Sort Award List by Award
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 05:40:07 AM »
In the mean time, you can go the the Award tab, filter it so you only see the Book Awards, then sort by award, and export that page to an excel file and use that!
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

Rick Leffler

• Administrator
    • Approved Workman
Re: Sort Award List Report by Award Name
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:04:06 AM »
I've noted this request to add Award Name as an additional sort option on the Awards List Report.  (I assume that we'd need a second level sort on Last Name when Award Name is chosen as the primary sort.)

Mainah is correct that a good workaround is to use the Award List grid where you can group and sort on any column. Remember you can get a two-level sort by clicking the first column header (Award Name) to sort first on that column, then you can hold down the Shift key and click the Member Name column header to get that secondary sort. 

You may prefer dragging the Award Name column header into the grouping area which automatically sorts and groups the records based on that column.  You can also hide unwanted columns and Preview/Print the grid for an ad hoc report.

1/29/21 - from the 5.8.0.6 updates log: Report - Award List Report: Added a new Group By option for "Award Name".
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 11:32:35 AM by Annette »
Rick at Leffler Systems
Murfreesboro, Tennessee