Author Topic: Current Handbook Status Report sort options  (Read 6927 times)

rryan58

Current Handbook Status Report sort options
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
Note: This request applies to the Cloud database's Windows App as well as the Legacy database.

Would it be possible to have the option of sorting the Current handbook status report by Club name, grade and last name. I have some groups that we have split up this way.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:56:19 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Current Handbook Status Report sort options
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:44:49 AM »
Thank you for the request. I'll look into this.  For now, I wonder if you would be able to get what you wanted by using the Team Name feature?  You could have a Team Name based on Grade, for example "3rd Graders".  Then most of the reports that already include sorting and grouping options using Team Names would work for you right away.   

Note: For the Legacy database, create custom Team Names under Admin > Club Setup > Team Names. For the Windows App, create custom Team Names under Admin > System Settings > Generic Lookups.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 02:27:47 PM by Annette »

Lisa Wilder

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »
This would be a great enhancement.  We also have our clubs split by grade.  In addition, the T&T club is also split by girls and boys.  To be able to sort that report by grade would be terrific.  In the meantime, we are using the Team Name box but it is getting a little cumbersome (i.e. T&T Girls 3rd grade; T&T Girls 4th grade; T&T Boys 3rd grade, etc.).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:48:08 AM by Annette »

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »
Don't forget that you can usually make custom reports from the Clubber grid view. A little practice and you'll use it often. I am attaching a custom report printed from the grid view.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:48:15 AM by Annette »
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

Rick Leffler

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 05:03:01 PM »
Thanks for the example Dave about how to create some custom reports using the grids.  These type of ad-hoc reports can be very handy. 

In case anyone's interested.... when you're on the Print Preview screen, click File > Page Setup to open the Page Setup dialog. From here you can get really creative with Page Layouts (Portait and Landscape) and margins (maybe you want a larger left margin so you can put the printed pages into a binder?  And, you can create your own custom Headers.  Check it out.

Acknowledgement: Presently the customizations you make here are not saved when you exit AWdb (here's another future enhancement!)  .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:48:21 AM by Annette »

Lisa Wilder

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 05:50:32 AM »
We use the print feature from the grids a lot for any quickie report I need, but I didn't realize we could add our own headers/titles and other features (thanks, Rick!).  Doesn't really help for this report, however, because we give a copy of the current handbook status report to each clubber at the beginning of club and the leaders/listeners use that sheet to sign off on new sections each night.  Very helpful to the leaders/listeners to quickly see if any sections have been skipped or missed being turned in to the secretaries.  Plus, if we run out of time on club night keying the info into AW to get an awards report, it is easy to flip through the pages and identify which clubber can receive an award.

I did go add all my team names under the admin tab and by grouping my clubbers into grade and then gender, I can put kids on the teams in big groups.  Pretty easy, actually.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:48:28 AM by Annette »

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »
'... we give a copy of the current handbook status report to each clubber at the beginning of club and the leaders/listeners use that sheet to sign off new sections each night.  Very helpful to the leaders/listeners to quickly see if any sections have been skipped or missed being turned in to the secretaries.  Plus, if we run out of time on club night keying the info into AW to get an awards report, it is easy to flip through the pages and identify which clubber can receive an award.

I am glad we are not the only club that prefers to use the clubber's individual record sheet to sign off sections. I have tried the other ways with moderate success, but we have found this way to work well for us. Printing the Handbook Status Report out on colored card stock is nice and they will last longer. The leaders prefer the cards over the little handbook check off slips, easier to manage.
We have a folder for each Handbook classroom. The leaders use the cards to quickly see where a clubber is at when they do not bring their book, fills in completed sections and later the club secretary transfers data to AWdb. And as you said, the report reminds the leader and clubber what the Award is at a glance. Cards go back into folders for next week. The other ways are OK and workable, we just prefer this method because Everything is on one piece of paper (or card). Reprinting the cards occasionally updates the percentage completed bar for the clubber and leader to see the progress. We could opt to use the Check-in and  Progress report sheet but prefer to collect dues and keep check-in sheets at the door, not using valuable Handbook time for it later. So many ways... :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:48:33 AM by Annette »
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team