Author Topic: New Year  (Read 5760 times)

Donna

New Year
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
When is it okay to close out the old year and start the new one? 

bgoodaz

Re: New Year
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »
We still have the old year open right now. Still going in from time to time and looking at Club year statistics, etc.  At the point in time that we begin to accept Registrations for next year we will turn it over.
Bart Good
Awana Database Administrator
Scottsdale Bible Church

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
Re: New Year
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »
You can graduate your clubbers at any time. I set-up my new club year early so I could print out reports of the new year coming. I had some leaders that wanted to know who and how many to expect.. :o.. You can always reload the previous year data via the drop-down list and run reports, etc. if needed later. Also by setting up the new year, you can be aware of how many books and entrance books will be needed at beginning of club. Now is a good time to go over the inventory for the whole club. This may be the most challenging task of all, keeping an accurate inventory in the database. (A lot of human error I suspect  ;))

Also, if anyone used the new VBC or Summer Club feature and graduated your clubbers in the process, pay close attention when running the NYS (New Year Setup) later and do not graduate them again. ( Yours truly had to restore,  ::) gotta love back-ups)
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team