Author Topic: Increasing inventory prices to cover shipping...rounding to nearest 50c -HELP-  (Read 6069 times)

Knowltons4Awana

• NCCoV Awana
Rick was showing me how to increase the prices in the inventory to cover the cost of shipping.  Awana Headquarters estimated the shipping to be an added 15-25% so Rick worked up this SQL for me
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
You can use an SQL statement (in the SQL Workbench) to automatically set the Sell Price of all Inventory Items = Cost + 15% for example.

Update Inventory set Sell_Price = ROUND((Cost * 1.15),2)

The "2" at the end of the Round function will round to 2 decimal places, thus a $3.00 item and make it sell for $3.45. Placing a "1" at the end will round to nearest dime so $3.00 becomes $3.40
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Always wanting more, I wanted to see if there was a way to round it up to the nearest 50 cents.  Rick and I were talking and didn't come up with a solution but thought there might be some of you technical geniuses that would know without breaking a sweat....Anyone?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:01:32 AM by Annette »
Rachel Knowlton

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase...Martin Luther King, Jr.

Knowltons4Awana

• NCCoV Awana
I did a google search and found an answer (the web is amazing!)
In case anyone else wants to do the same, I thought I'd post my results:

Update Inventory set Sell_Price = ROUND((Cost * 1.15)/ .5,0)* .5

It worked like a charm for me in version 3.1.2.4
Rachel Knowlton

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase...Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rick Leffler

You are SO SMART!  Thank you for sharing this information with us.  
This is a great example of how we can use this forum to share ideas and info so we all benefit!  :)

More on this topic:

The following SQL will round the Sell_Price up to the next even $0.50 or $1.00 increment.  For example, an item with a Sell_Price of $0.34 becomes $0.50   and an item with a Sell_Price of $21.99 becomes $22.00  

Again, please run the Backup Utility BEFORE you run any SQL statements that modify data.

Update Inventory set Sell_Price = ROUND((Sell_Price)/ .5,0)* .5

(This works with all versions through at least 5.0.0.3)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:05:31 AM by Rick Leffler »