Author Topic: multiple email addresses in same household  (Read 6149 times)

tholgate

multiple email addresses in same household
« on: October 21, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

We have, and I'm sure we're not alone, more than one leader in a household and only being able to collect the primary email address is a hindrance. Only the primary can be collected or pulled up in a report. So when the spouse is a leader or a child is the leader, their email addresses do not come up, only the primary.

Is there any way to link the email address to the person and not primary to the household? Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:46:27 AM by Annette »
Tina Holgate
Program Coordinator
Eastern Hills Bible Church
Manlius, NY

Mainah

Re: multiple email addresses in same household
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:46:56 PM »
Question: Are you trying to pull up a report, or gather email address for a emailing?

I just pulled up a report Leader List - Contact Info and got all the email addresses for every leader who supplied one including multiple in a household.

I also just clicked Tools>Gather Email Addresses>Select all Emails from Active Households.

Does that cover it? 
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

tholgate

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
I am actually trying to do both, but that is great news that it will collect all the email addresses in the household, so I will try that for collecting them.

When you pull up the Leaders grid, however, it only lists the primary email in this grid and I use this as a print out a great deal.

Thank you!

[Update: as of (Legacy) v. 5.9.0.5, and also in the Windows app, linked email addresses may be shown in the Leader grid. An additional option has been added to the pop-up menu to copy the linked email address.]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 08:59:33 AM by Annette »
Tina Holgate
Program Coordinator
Manlius, NY

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 06:03:18 PM »
Be sure to make the "Member Link" when entering email addresses in the Phone/Email dialog.  Click the Info button on that dialog for more info.

Mainah

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »
Ok, so you want the multiple email addresses to come up on the grid!  Hmm, I see what you mean.  There is a column for Primary Email in the Household Info section, but not other emails come up.  So, my email address shows up for my husbands, and all three of my sons who are leaders!  Yet, I've entered each of their email addresses into our household.  Gotcha. 

I too wonder if it would be possible to add a column to the grid that would pull up the other email addresses.  Or, are we missing some default or setting that would pull it up.

Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

tholgate

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:28:11 AM »
Yes - I see the member link and that this will allow me to collect multiple addresses, but would like to be able to add the column for their email addresses so the grid doesn't show all the same email address for one household. 

Rick?

Thank you!
Tina Holgate
Program Coordinator
Manlius, NY