Author Topic: Ledger  (Read 5876 times)

Commander Auds

Ledger
« on: September 20, 2008, 06:35:53 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Is there a way to make it that when a person pays, that it doesn't go towards something may owe in past years? I'm having people pay for items this year and it should show a zero balance and it's still showing they owe because it's getting put towards something they never paid on in the past. We don't care about past years balances, only this years.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:47:01 AM by Annette »

Mainah

Re: Ledger
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 07:04:54 PM »
Maybe you can delete the payments you just made, go in and waive the fees from last year, then apply the recent payments again.

I'm in the playing with it to figure it out stage myself.....

Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

ksaathoff

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »
See the previous discussion here: {link to old post removed/akj}.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:57:37 PM by Annette »

Knowltons4Awana

• NCCoV Awana
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 08:34:54 PM »
When you are in the ledger posting the payment, there is a drop down option next to where it says 'apply this payment'...the choices are : to ALL unpaid fees, STARTING with the fee(s) selected below, and ONLY to the fee(s) selected below.
I would suggest you choose the last one
Then you need to click on the fees tab (if it's not the one showing) and there will be little boxes next to each fee item.  Click the one that they are paying...go back up top and click "Post the Payment"
Whah-la!  You are in charge of what the money goes to.

You can go delete the payments posted that went to the wrong year (jot down the info on them before you delete them) and then repost them in the way listed above and you should be good to go.
Rachel Knowlton

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase...Martin Luther King, Jr.