Community Contributions > Q&A

Customize Award Sets

(1/3) > >>

Secretary Sue:
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

How can I customize the Award Sets and create my own Default Award Sets and assign them to specific books?

Annette:
The general answer is that you can't create award sets. You can create and customize specific awards for a section, a group of sections, or a book.  I'm interested in what you are trying to do.

Are you needing to do this with the new T&T books?  If so, you can choose from three award sets for those books: Emblems (the UA colored chevrons), UC1 or UC2 award sets. The default is set by opening the generic handbook record (in the Legacy database: under Admin > Curriculum; in the Windows App: under Admin > System Settings > Curriculum) and going to the Cumulative Section Awards tab. The default there determines what award set goes with a book when it is assigned. It will NOT have an impact on books already assigned.

For books already assigned, open the Member Record and go to the Handbook tab. The 'award set' can be changed in the grid for a specific book as needed. That determines which set of awards that clubber receives for that book.

You can also customize the specific awards in a set in the grid of the Cumulative Section Awards tab, so if you give the UC awards in a different order, those can be changed.

If you really do want your own set of awards to trigger for something else, I suggest that you send an email to support with details (the book, the award/s to use, how they are earned) and we'll go from there.

Secretary Sue:
Thanks so much Annette! I just realized that I never responded to your post. You answered my question!

I think I may have created another problem ..... Last week I had a couple of Club Secretaries ask about award triggering. I'm afraid that I may have messed-up something when I was "poking around" before I posted my question.

Can you please tell me how I should go about checking to make sure I have set-up the award triggering correctly for our T&T books? Here's what should be happening:
Grace in Action and Evidence of Grace - Chevron Emblems (order - red/blue/green/yellow)
Agents of Grace - UC 2 Emblems (in our order)
UC Book Two - UC 1 Emblems (in our order)
I also need to check on the silver & gold patches for the extra credit sections.

Thanks!
~Sue

tapper1:
I have been trying to assign Chevron Emblems to UC 1 and 2 books for T & T.  I followed the instructions for handbooks already assigned and and the only options are emblems or bones.

Terry Printz

Annette:
Terry - the UA (Chevron emblems) are not available as an award set for the UC 1 and 2 books.  If they are working in UC 1 or 2, wouldn't they have already completed the UA books and earned the UA awards?

We added the award set options to the new T&T books to handle the transition between the older books and the newer ones.  We had multiple people report that they had 5th and 6th graders working in the new books, but it was triggering the UA awards that they had already earned and they needed to earn the UC awards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version