Author Topic: entering new families/clubbers  (Read 6032 times)

tholgate

entering new families/clubbers
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:23:04 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Please tell me how to correctly enter a new clubber/family from scratch.  When I enter the household information (which is where I begin entering the data for a new clubber/family) and enter the email information, there isn't a member to choose from, so I have to enter all the family members and then come back to the email info to assign the member to the email address.  Does everyone enter the clubbers first?

Then, unless the parents are leaders, they aren't entered separately in the household and I cannot assign one of them to the email address and the "Gather Email Addresses" tool doesn't gather them.

What am I doing wrong as this seems pretty cumbersome.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:47:34 AM by Annette »
Tina Holgate
Program Coordinator
Eastern Hills Bible Church
Manlius, NY

Mainah

Re: entering new families/clubbers
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:14:27 AM »
When I enter a new household, I start at the top left.  I get the first clubber entered and then go to the top of the right side to enter the family demographics and then the contact info.  I think I remember you are right that until you save and close the first person entered for that family, no one appears in the column for tying a member to the primary email or phone.  Until you save and close, the family has no one in the data base to tie that email address to.

Save and close this first member, then open again.  Then, I choose the child, (if there is no leader in the family,) as the member who is tied to the email address.  The non-leader parent is simply the person you are contacting in regards to the child who is the clubber or member.

That is how my logic as interpreted those fields, anyway!!

I hope this helps and answers your question.  This is not an official answer, it's just how I've duked it out in working with the software since July!  If someone has more insight, please share it with both of us!!!
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

bgoodaz

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »
You don't actually have to save / close the new member. Just a "save" will enable a member that has been entered to populate the drop down in the contact fields. We also associate the email to the active Clubber if no adult is entered as a leader at that point. You can also enter the Parents as Status: Prospect [new feature].  That might give you the ability to list parents that can be contacted for future service in club.
Bart Good
Awana Database Administrator
Scottsdale Bible Church

Mainah

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
Aha, of course, Save.  Yup, makes total sense!  Silly me!
Thanks!
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

DBCAWANA

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 10:29:27 PM »
Concerning your "Gather E-Mail" concern. The newest upgrade allows you to gather e-mails from "all active households" without having a clubber/leader assigned to the email address in the record.  While this doesn't allow a specific e-mail list for leaders or clubs, it does get the whole club's addresses quite effectively and FAST!  We use that feature for weekly parent updates, and I love only having to change e-mail addresses in the database and not keep updating our email contact list.   

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:31:45 PM by DBCAWANA »