Author Topic: Sections completed in the summer  (Read 4071 times)

roscom

• Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church
Sections completed in the summer
« on: April 06, 2017, 04:07:52 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Our 9-12th grade LIT's are required to complete the Journey study for this year in order to serve in Awana the following year.  Since there are invariably a few kids who don't complete by the last club attendance date in AWdb, what are the options for entering/tracking sections completed between the last club attendance date for 2016/17 and the first club attendance date in 2017/18?

We could also have Trek and Journey students who want to be Citation bound, but are not on-track and need to complete prior handbooks to do so.  A few of these work on them during the summer as well.  Same question applies.

Ideally, we would want to be able to enter specific dates signed off if possible, but am wondering if the only option is to use a "specific date" such as May 11, 2017 for all of those sections.

Does anyone have these situations?  How have you chosen to handle them?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:25:55 AM by Annette »
Maureen Roscorla
Administrator
Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: Sections completed in the summer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
Use the Handbook tab of the Member form to mark the sections for dates other than club dates. Set the 'use date of' at the top and then mark the section.

If the Entry Mode is 'Normal', a message will pop up about the date not being a valid club date. Clicking OK will allow use of the date anyway. If there are a lot to do at once, switch the Entry Mode to 'Historical' (even though it's actually 'current information'). This will bypass the logic trying to verify the club date and avoid the message.

History mode won't trigger awards (except book awards). For Trek and Journey that's not a problem since there are no section group awards.

Be sure to examine any awards that are created. When the date earned falls outside of a club year, I'm not sure what club year the award record will get. I tested this without setting up the next club year and it used the current club year. I am not sure if it would use the new one if it was set up. Just keep that in mind if the awards should be included in the next club year.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 12:06:42 PM by Annette »

roscom

• Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church
Re: Sections completed in the summer
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:48:35 AM »
Thanks Annette.  I didn't know about that option to enter dates from the handbook tab of a member.

If they complete sections after May 11, 2017, we would want awards to trigger for the next club year, not the current club year.  Is there a way that you can test for that so that I can be prepared?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 01:24:23 PM by Annette »
Maureen Roscorla
Administrator
Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church