Author Topic: Changing meeting night for established club...  (Read 3156 times)

Awana@CBVB

Changing meeting night for established club...
« on: September 11, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

I ran the NYS last month and we recently decided to change the night that our C-track kids will be meeting with their mentors. When I tried to go into the database and change the meeting night under the Club Setup tab, it doesn't seem to be a field that I can change. I remembered there was a setting under the Club Info tab about all clubs meeting the same night. When I attempt to uncheck this option, it gives me a warning message to confirm that I want to do this. 

Once I acknowledge this warning it gives me an error message saying that "according to your Admin > Club Setup records you have club meetings only 1 day each week. Therefore this checkbox must remain checked." 

It seems that the logic in the code is off.  Is there any other way to change the meeting night to keep proper records.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:26:21 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Changing meeting night for established club...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:12:08 AM »
Since this change affects only your C-track kids try this:

1. Run the backup utility (Legacy database only)
2. Go to Admin > Club Setup > Club Names, Logos, Dues & Points and click "New Club". Click ok to the confirmation to open the "New Club" dialog box.
3. In the "Name" section, enter a new Club Name (similar to, but slightly different, than the current C-track club name) and select the appropriate Base Club.
4. In the "Club Calendar" section, select the radio button to "Create a new set of dates", enter the starting and ending dates for the new club night, then enter dates to exclude within the starting/ending range.
5. Click the "Create the New Club" button.
6. When the process completes, close the dialog.
7. Go to Club Setup > Club Assignments tab. For relevant grades, change the Club Name from the old C-track club name to the new C-track club name. This should update all clubbers to the new club.
8. Go back to Club Names, Logos, Dues & Points tab and delete the old C-track record for the wrong club night.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 12:33:53 PM by Annette »