Author Topic: Online registration system - best way to coordinate fees & payments with AWdb  (Read 1227 times)

roscom

• Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church
First year using AWdb and first year using an external online registration system - we're either brave or foolish ;)

Fees are set in the online registration system and payments are processed through it as well.  That includes orders for handbooks, uniforms and book bags.

We are exporting info from the online registration system and importing it into AWdb (not fees or payments), which is working well so far.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light or make suggestions as to how to integrate the info from the online registration system with the fees in AWdb since AWdb automatically assigns fees based on activities such as:
1. Clubber registers - registration fee assigned
2. Clubber assigned handbook or uniform - handbook fee & uniform fee assigned
3. Clubber purchases handbook bag - fee assigned

It seems like we will need to manually enter payments for each household into AWdb given that in the online registration system, the household payment is repeated in the export for each event (club), resulting in duplication.

I'll start with this info and hope that there are others out there using online registration systems who can help.

Maureen Roscorla
Administrator
Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church

Eric Berry

When the excel spreadsheet was exported from our online registration system, it contain a payment field that I mapped to the Payment_Amount field on the Approved Workman import.  But, my excel spreadsheet had each clubber's payment listed separately rather than one payment for the whole household.  I suppose you could manually fix the payment import in your spreadsheet before importing.

roscom

When the excel spreadsheet was exported from our online registration system, it contain a payment field that I mapped to the Payment_Amount field on the Approved Workman import.  But, my excel spreadsheet had each clubber's payment listed separately rather than one payment for the whole household.  I suppose you could manually fix the payment import in your spreadsheet before importing.

I will have to consider that option.  Thanks for the suggestion.

How are your fees structured and what fees are assigned in AWdb for your club?
Maureen Roscorla
Administrator

Eric Berry

We just charge a flat fee to everyone, so that does make our solution a little easier than yours. (We average the cost of the uniform over 2 year.)

roscom

Yes, I can see how that would be easier.  It sounds like you don't trigger a fee when a handbook or uniform is assigned.
Maureen Roscorla
Administrator

Eric Berry

No we don't