Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /homepages/12/d802028692/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3863
How do I change the list of handbooks available to assign?

Info and Training - Legacy > FAQs

How do I change the list of handbooks available to assign?

(1/1)

Annette:
Issue: I have a Sparks clubber that finished HangGlider and needs to move to WingRunner. However, when I choose to see all Sparks books "in use," the only option that comes up is WingRunner Frequent Flyer.  It also does not show as an option when I select ALL books "in use."  I can only find it after I scroll through all the books that include the obsolete ones. Is there a way we can change this to list the books being used by our club?

Answer: The most common reason that a handbook does not show up in the initial list of available books is that it is not marked as "in use".  Go to Admin > Curriculum.  Expand the records for a base club (in this case, Sparks) and then select the relevant handbook (WingRunner) to open.  Check the "in use" checkbox for any translations that your club uses.

You should also be aware of the translation filter on the handbook assignment list. It is set for the individual member based on the preference on the Misc tab.  Usually this will be the default translation used for your entire club.  However, you may have a clubber that uses a version (NIV) that is different than the club default (ESV). The handbook assignment grid will filter to show only NIV books "in use" for that clubber.  If ESV is the only translation marked as "in use", then the correct books will not initially appear in the list.  In this case you might want to also set the NIV translation as "in use".  Or, if the expected books are not showing up, check the member's translation preference on the Misc. tab to be sure it is correct.

Tip: if you set the Translations filter to show (All), a translation column will be included in the grid to help identify the proper book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version