Author Topic: Value in "other" Points column on check-in grid  (Read 4230 times)

Traci

Value in "other" Points column on check-in grid
« on: September 20, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

It appears that after this year's update, the "other" column under Points on the check-in grid is showing a number. Last year this was always zero, and I used it for double points nights, etc. This year's grid appears to be showing the total point balance for each clubber under that "other" column and adding this to points earned for that particular night. This is throwing off the totals for each color team, which I use to determine our weekly points winner at the end of the evening.

How do I reset this or change it to always reflect zero each week? I've looked all over the place (menus, user guide, forums) and can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Traci
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:28:57 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Value in "other" Points column on check-in grid
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »
This should not have changed. Try the following:

1. on the check-in list toolbar, click the gear icon and then click the menu item to Restore Default Grid Layout.
2. if you still see unwanted values in the Other cells, run REPAIR under Admin > Database Utilities and then exit and restart AWdb.
3. After restarting, click Tools > Recalculate Total Points.

If you still have this issue afterward, email support.  Otherwise if it is fixed, please post here.

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: Value in "other" Points column on check-in grid
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »
Are the points just showing in the Other column for the first week?  If so, it is probably because you chose not to reset points to zero when you ran the New Year Setup.  With that option, it puts the remaining points from last year into the Other column for the first week.

You can reset all members points back to zero under Admin > Database Utilities > Misc. Procedures; but, it sounds like you have already entered other points/data, so that may not be a good option.

If what I described is the situation, you can set your club date to the first week, then on the check-in grid, just enter {zero} in the Other column, press the down arrow and repeat for all your clubbers.  It should go pretty quickly.

It should update the Total Points correctly as you go, but it would be a good idea to go to Tools and run Recalculate Total Points also.