Community Contributions > Enhancement Requests

Team Points - Divide Factor

(1/2) > >>

aboardwine:
Note: All information in this post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Hello!

I am new to the forum/software, but my church (Heritage Baptist in Central VA) is not.

What I'm looking for is an option to divide a team's total points (from check-in and sections completed) each week by the number of clubbers present that evening as opposed to the total number of clubbers on the team.

I have attached an image with the screen that I think this option would fit best on, but that is up to the developer. :-)

MaureenCooper:
On the Check-in screen, drag the Color column to the left above the x and check mark. It will give you the total present, total points, avg., total reg. sections and avg.  Would this be what you want?  This is what we use every week to give us our total team points.

aboardwine:
No. I know how to get those point values, but if you'll notice in your screenshot, the number of total points is being divided by the total number of clubbers on the team rather than the number of clubbers who are present.

Blue team would have had 65 points, green would have 77.5, red would have 63.6, and yellow would have 63.9. Teams are getting penalized fairly heavily for clubbers who don't show up.

Based on the average points that the system gave, the team order would have been Y 1st, G 2nd, R 3rd, B 4th. Dividing by clubbers present takes it to G, B, Y, R.

Rick Leffler:
Try this:

On the Check-in List grid, apply a filter to the "Attend Club" column so that you are only showing those who ARE present. Then when you group by Team Color, the stats will be based on only those who are present. 

Secretary Sue:
This is all good for when we need the stats for each team and we use this information weekly - thanks!  However, right now we have a contest between clubs and they want stats for the club as a whole but they want it based on the clubbers present therefore they want the average sections said per clubber (including required and extra credit) - not just totals.  Is there a way to run a filter to get that same information without grouping by team color so that the program does the math for averaging?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version