Author Topic: Secondary database corrupted  (Read 4235 times)

tpspeier

Secondary database corrupted
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

I was trying to check in one of our secondary databases tonight and I was told that the database is corrupted. Here is the output:

Note: To maximize the performance of the Check-out/Check-in procedures:
   1) Temporarily disable your anti-virus program before running a Check-in
   2) Clean out your Temp folder regularly (see Optimize dialog for details)
   3) Defrag your local disk drive at least once a month
   4) Run the Optimize procedure at least once a month

Verifying the tables in the Secondary Database...
Award is corrupted. The Check-in procedure should not be performed. Contact Tech Support.
Done.  Verification of the Secondary DB tables indicates corruption in 1 tables. Do NOT run the Check-in process. Contact Tech Support.

I logged into the secondary database and tried repairing it, but I still cannot check in. What are the next steps to try?

Thank you,

Thomas
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:32:29 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Secondary database corrupted
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:01:06 AM »
Here's what I recommend:

1. Backup your Primary Database first, and then exit.
2. Launch the Secondary Database and from the log in screen click the Utilities button and select the REPAIR option
3. Log in, and you'll immediately see the Repair dialog.  Run the Repair and then exit the Secondary Database.
4. Log into the Primary Database and try one more time to perform the check-in procedure. 

If it works, go to the main Awards tab (since it was the Award table that was corrupted) and thoroughly examine the records, and set the Date Earned to "(All") and scroll through the list to see if you spot any garbage data (it will be evident because it will look like gibberish).  If all is well, you're done.  If the check-in procedure fails again, contact me to schedule a remote support session.

tpspeier

Re: Secondary database corrupted
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:36:57 PM »
The procedure you specified worked. Thank you very much for the prompt help.

Thomas