Author Topic: Alphabetical Order on Check-in print out versus screen  (Read 5157 times)

Melanie King

Alphabetical Order on Check-in print out versus screen
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

I don't know if this qualifies as a bug or not, but it is something that causes me errors each week. 

When I print out a Check-in and Progress Report Worksheet it prints the clubber's names in alphabetical order as you would expect then on the Check-in screen on the computer it has them with the correct order for the last name then the first names are in opposite order which is a problem when we have large families, and we have several.  Am I just sorting things wrong?  Is there a way to fix this?

Here is an example:

Check-in Print out Shows:
King, Bob
King, David
King, Melanie

Print-out shows:
King, Melanie
King, David
King, Bob
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 12:06:13 PM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Alphabetical Order on Check-in print out versus screen
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »
You can sort on any column in the major grids such as the one on the Check-in screen by clicking a column header. First click will sort in ascending order, a second click changes the sort to descending order.  (Open the User Guide and click the Search tab and type "sort" and press Enter to get a list of topics with that word.)

You may also sort on multiple columns.

Try this: click once on the Last Name column to sort in ascending order by Last Name, now hold down the shift key and click the First Name column header. This results in a sort on two columns, the first one being last name, and the second level sort being the first name. Notice the little faint triangles that appear in each column header to indicate sorting is active on those columns.

Once you have your sorting just the way you like it, be sure to click the Grid button (last one in the toolbar with the gear on it) and click "Save Current Grid Layout".

Melanie King

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 09:41:26 PM »
Thank you! 

I wish that I could save multiple layouts...I use about 10 different ones each club night! :)

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »
I wish that I could save multiple layouts...I use about 10 different ones each club night!

Yes, that is on the drawing board as a future enhancement!