Author Topic: brand new set-up  (Read 5660 times)

jenn

brand new set-up
« on: August 23, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

Newbie here, bear with me. I downloaded the software the other day and I am inputting our clubbers from last year. I did purge the sample data and run the new year set up.  Our first meeting is not until Sep 3 and most of our clubbers do not get registered until the first day. When I put in the data should I mark the clubber inactive since they are not registered yet? Thanks.

Jenn
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:47:50 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: brand new set-up
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 09:16:45 AM »
If you're just getting started I would recommend setting your newly entered clubbers to a Status of "Inactive" and on the Misc tab leave the Registration checkbox empty.  Then, as you receive properly completed registration forms you can set the Registration as current and the Status to "Active".

Note: When you receive a clubber's Registration, you do not have to open the Member form to check the 'is registered' box. In the main Clubbers List grid,  right-click the clubber's name and then select the popup menu item to "Set Registration to Current" or "Open Registration Window" and use that to mark multiple members of the same family as registered. Both of these methods will a) set the Registration as current, b) fill in the Registration Date, c) set the status to Active d) create a Fee record representing the annual dues and mark the permission checkboxes. All with one click!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:27:43 PM by Annette »