Author Topic: E-mailing pdf options  (Read 3659 times)

Awana@CBVB

E-mailing pdf options
« on: October 10, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »
Note: This request applies to the Cloud database's Windows App as well as the Legacy database.

Rick,

As we discussed at the AMC in Virginia, having the option to export account statements to individual files titled by the household name (e.g. file name = "Account  Statement - Smith Household") so that we can attach them to an email message would be a great addition. 

Understandably, not everyone uses Outlook so having a button to initiate a command to create an email w/ the attachment in pdf may not work for all AWdb users but it might be something to investigate further (there are ways to setup outlook to send e-mail messages through your gmail or other IMAP accounts for those who might be interested in utilizing this functionality).  In reality, this would be a great option for any of the reports generated by AWdb...often I find myself wanting to e-mail a report to a director and I know our secretaries might like the option to send reports that way.

I was also thinking that another place that this would be very useful would be the registration form report at the beginning of the year.  I know of other churches that send these to families electronically and have to save each form individually through the print to pdf dialog (a long and tedious process with larger clubs).  Having an option to do this automatically where each registration form was saved individually to a file with the name "Registration Form - Household_Name" would make it easier to prep the attachments.  Attaching them to the e-mail would have to be done individually but it would much easier.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:54:11 AM by Annette »