Author Topic: Maintenance Mode Option  (Read 3931 times)

Awana@CBVB

Maintenance Mode Option
« on: October 10, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

Rick,

First, thanks for your recent visit to Virginia!  We enjoyed getting to meet you.

As the administrator who needs to check out USB keys on the night of club, I was wondering if there is a way to add an option to the Maintenance Mode to do an immediate lock down of the system...the current configuration is great for when others are signed in and I need to alert them that I need them to log out so I can work on something.  At the beginning of club, I have two others who log into the db remotely and once they do, I can't check out USB keys.  If I could lock it out immediately, it wouldn't let anyone log in and disrupt the check out process. Just a consideration.

Maybe once you activate the maintenance mode, you could have the option to chose an immediate lock down or the standard 5 minute warning (maybe it could be done automatically if the system recognizes that someone else is logged in).  It may also be nice to have an option to release the maintenance mode after "X" amount of time.

Thanks!
Jason
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:33:24 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Maintenance Mode Option
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »
Hi Jason!

It's always nice to get out of the office get a chance to meet folks like yourself at the conferences. (btw, thanks again for dragging those laptops to the open lab workshop.)

Regards invoking the maintenance mode... at the moment you invoke it, it will keep others from logging in. The 5 minute warning message is only for those who are already logged in.  Those who are not logged in yet will not be able to log in.  So, if you get in first and invoke maintenance mode that will effectively prevent others from logging in until you release maintenance mode.

Rick