Author Topic: Add Leader Name as Column to check-in report  (Read 2594 times)

Eric Berry

Add Leader Name as Column to check-in report
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:33:42 AM »
Can you add Leader Name as one of the column selection options in the Select Visible Columns dialog?

Also, if you have a long Team Name, the sides are chopped off when it is centered in the column.  So it would be good to adjust the size of both team name and leader columns to fit the largest sized name.

DavidCrow

Re: Add Leader Name as Column to check-in report
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »
Can you add Leader Name as one of the column selection options in the Select Visible Columns dialog?

You can actually do this now using one of the three custom columns.

Eric Berry

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
Are you talking about the custom fields?  Those can only be checkboxes.

I can't use the Group By field since I am already Grouping By Club Name and Team Name.  The Select Visible Columns dialog has 16 pre-selected fields to use none of which can you change.

So I am not following what your suggestion is.

DavidCrow

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »
The Select Visible Columns dialog has 16 pre-selected fields to use none of which can you change.

So I am not following what your suggestion is.

I'm talking about the attached.  You can change three of them.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:30:35 PM by Annette »

Eric Berry

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »
Yeah, those are only checkboxes.  You can't duplicate the Leader Names in the field. Plus it would be duplicate information.  Add we're using all of those fields.

DavidCrow

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »
So is there more than one leader per team?

Eric Berry

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
Yeah, we have about 8 or so leaders per team.

DavidCrow

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 03:05:58 PM »
So rather than have one team with eight leaders, can you instead have eight teams each with one leader?

Eric Berry

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
Unfortunately, not the way that I have the database set up currently.

Our Sparks club has four rooms that are not divided by age, but divided to maximize use of space.  We have a K room, a K/1 HangGlider room, a WingRunner room, and a 2nd grade room.  So to get the promotion feature to work correctly, I created one Sparks club and divided it into 4 teams each representing a room (this allows us to move kids between rooms easily).  Each room has 36 kids and 8 leaders.  Same idea with Cubbies, T&T boys, and T&T Girls.

Rick Leffler

• Administrator
    • Approved Workman
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:54 AM »

I'll add this to the list of future enhancements.

Also, if you have a long Team Name, the sides are chopped off when it is centered in the column.  So it would be good to adjust the size of both team name and leader columns to fit the largest sized name.

As you know this report is already very crowded and space is limited, so I'd really try hard to use short Team Names when possible and this will be especially true when adding another column for Leader Name.
Rick at Leffler Systems
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Eric Berry

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 09:47:19 AM »
Since I am only using these as check-in sheets and not progress sheets, I don't care that the last column is really small.  So I don't know if there is some way you can adjust the size of those columns based on whether the Current book & last section box is checked.

You've gone the way of making every column the same size.  The other extreme is just to let the columns be the size they will be then let the columns on the right flow off the page (and say I told you so) or maybe display a warning dialog saying that you can't print in portrait orientation.

I know I have long team names, but I did that to make them meaningful to me (3rd-4th Grade Girls & 5th-6th Grade Girls are my T&TGirls club's team names).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:07:34 PM by Eric Berry »

DavidCrow

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »
I know I have long team names, but I did that to make them meaningful to me (3rd-4th Grade Girls & 5th-6th Grade Girls are my T&TGirls club's team names).

How about:

3rd-4th Girls
5th-6th Girls