Author Topic: Non-club Events  (Read 4831 times)

thewatkinsons

Non-club Events
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:10:18 AM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Instead of putting "registration night" and the "leader's orientation" as club nights in the New Club Setup, I added them as "General non-club dates" in the Admin -> Club Setup -> Club Calendars ->Add or Delete Dates.

These new dates now show up in the Home screen, club calendar when "All Dates" or "Non-Club Dates" are selected from the drop-down menu.

My question... how do I record attendance at these events?  I had hoped not to have to use the tedious data entry of the Events screen, thinking this method would create a check-in grid, but I can't figure out how to make these non-club dates visible in the check-in grid.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:34:13 AM by Annette »
Blair
Awana Commander
Scott AFB Chapel
Scott AFB, IL

Rick Leffler

Re: Non-club Events
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 08:07:37 PM »
The idea behind non-club dates is that you wouldn't likely record attendance.

thewatkinsons

Re: Non-club Events
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »
Hmm... I can understand that.  Though I'm not sure why anyone would go to the trouble of entering them into the club setup, if the only place these events would be visible is on the Home page, and then only if the filter was changed to All Dates.  Expanding these events, though, shows no attendees.

My situation is that I have to take attendance at every event, whether it's a registration night, or a roller skating outing, an awards night, or a leader training event.  But, I don't want to have to enter these one-by-one through the Events screen.  Leaving them as club nights allows simple data entry and reporting, but it throws the quarterly attendance and average sections per week calculations out of whack.

It seems I should just continue tracking these events off-line.  Thanks!
Blair
Awana Commander
Scott AFB Chapel
Scott AFB, IL