Author Topic: Changing Default "Received Item" for Handbooks  (Read 4759 times)

thewatkinsons

Changing Default "Received Item" for Handbooks
« on: September 14, 2012, 09:07:53 AM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Hello!

Is there a way to change the default setting for "Item Received" when assigning handbooks?

Here's what I would want to happen when selecting "Assign Handbook" or when "Assigning a uniform" (I'm looking forward to checking out this functionality in 5.1).

Item Received: No
Reduce Inventory: Yes
Create Fee Record: Yes

When a clubber joins the club, I want to immediately assign a handbook and a uniform, even though the clubber won't receive them for a few more weeks.  This ensures a fee record is created, so when parents ask how much they owe the following week, we have an answer for them.  It also ensures that the item is spoken for from the inventory.  In other words, if I have 5 books in stock, but 8 are spoken for, AWdb will show a shortage of 3, indicating I need to make an order. 

The only drawback with this approach is that the inventory amount in AWdb won't match the number of items in stock.  I'm okay with that... the number of items in stock will equal the AWdb inventory amount plus those that have been purchased but not received (in fact, this is amore accurate picture, since the book no longer "belongs" to club--it belongs to the member, we're just storing it until it's received).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:34:20 AM by Annette »
Blair
Awana Commander
Scott AFB Chapel
Scott AFB, IL

Rick Leffler

Re: Changing Default "Received Item" for Handbooks
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 07:21:32 AM »
Yes, you can set the default values for the following fields on the Handbook and Uniform Assignment Dialogs:

1) Create a Fee,
2) Mark each book/uniform as having been received,
3) Reduce the Inventory Qty in Stock

Here's a screen capture of the Admin> Options > Misc tab. This is where you set default values for the Handbook and Uniform Assign Dialogs.

[Note: In the Windows App, Options are under Admin > System Settings.]

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 10:46:06 AM by Annette »