Author Topic: problem with check-out procedure  (Read 4830 times)

chris h

problem with check-out procedure
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

Last week, the person who runs the secondary database (Sparks) got errors while trying to enter data during club.  When I tried to check-in the secondary, it said the data was corrupted and I had to repair.  I ran that and it worked.  I was able to check-in the secondary and all data seemed to be fine.  Today I tried to check-out the secondary and it is not working.  I continue to get the same error even though I have tried to optimize and repair the primary database and have also deleted all secondary data from the thumb drive.  It still appears that all data and function in the primary database are correct and working properly.

The error is "Cannot copy Approved Workman.exe to g:.....(where the secondary thumb drive is) due to:  cannot open file c:.....(this is the drive where I have the primary)

Can you help?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:35:49 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: problem with check-out procedure
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:02:13 PM »
For those curious as to what the problem/solution was...  

We discovered that the "ApprovedWorkman.exe"  file had somehow been renamed to "Approved Workman.exe"  (with a space before the "W").   All we had to do was remove the space in the file name and then the check-out process worked fine.  

For clarity, the FOLDER named "Approved Workman"  does require the space, but the executable file name that resides inside the folder should not have any spaces.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:21:59 AM by Rick Leffler »