Author Topic: Assigning Vests and Books  (Read 4821 times)

Commander Jon

• SVBC Awana Clubs
Assigning Vests and Books
« on: September 15, 2011, 03:29:23 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Ok ... I'm sure this is right in front of my face ... but how do I assign a clubber a vest and have it billed to the household?  I tried making it an award, but it didn't bill the household.

Similar question ... I have parents who have purchase the parent handbooks.  How do I account "bill" the household and reduce inventory.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:36:23 AM by Annette »
Jonathan Coulter
Commander
Shenandoah Valley Baptist Church
Stephens City VA

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
Re: Assigning Vests and Books
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 12:53:32 AM »
From the clubber's file, select Fee tab > click green (+) > select item either by item # or description > check sell price for accuracy (I always round products off)(Read the info in sidebar if you do not see your item) > Save & Close

To create a fee for the Parent Handbook, open Family Ledger and select 'New Fee in Grid' ('New Fee in Dig' works the same here, just some more details for you if item # is not known) > SAVE.

To pay or waive this fee > select Payment method above > enter payment details > select ONLY in Apply this Payment field > tick the Empty box on line with the Fee > Post Payment

Remember that you Always have to create a FEE first... even if it is to be Waived.

You can delete a fee or payment if you make a mistake. I sometimes practice payment scenarios on my leader file.

Also you can just post payments which go into Unapplied Payments. Sometimes a parent wants to pay for a book or uniform before their child has earned that privilege. Later after actually creating a fee, just click on the Unapplied Pmt. and use it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:04:19 AM by Annette »
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

tholgate

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:03:06 AM »
I came to the forum looking for a solution to an need I have and this may be along the lines of what I'm looking for but I'm not clear on what you are saying here.

We send out pre-registration letters and forms prior to the year beginning and we require payment prior to presenting Clubbers with the handbooks and uniforms. When I receive the registrations and payments, I enter them into the ledger, post the payment, etc. In the past, I created a spreadsheet showing who registered and who paid for what so that when the Clubbers came to get their items, we knew if they had paid and then we marked that their items were given to them. This year, I noticed (or perhaps is new) that I could just print out the applied payment grid to give me this information (what a happy day that was!). After Club this week I went to enter in the record that their items were received, I noticed the column on the applied payment grid that says date received had a date in it - and found out that stands for when the payment was received, not the items.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help us going forward. We need to be able to see on one list who registered, who paid, and who then received their items because that doesn't all happen on the same day usually.

Any thoughts? Thank you!
Tina Holgate
Program Coordinator
Eastern Hills Bible Church
Manlius, NY

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
tholgate:
Have you examined the Ledger > Fees grid?  It has a column named "Item Rcvd".  You could set the grid to show "All Fees" (it usually defaults to only Unpaid Fees). This will show Dues, Books, and Uniforms and any other items parents ordered.  Hide any columns you don't need at the moment. Drag the Household column header into the grouping area to get a very nice grouping of the records by household. Click the Expand All or Collapse All button in the toolbar depending on how much detail you need. Then, use the Preview/Print button to get a really nice ad-hoc report printout.

This doesn't show registration-specific data, but you can infer that based on the fact that there ARE fee records for Dues, Books, etc.  Here is a screen shot for an example:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:07:01 AM by Annette »

tholgate

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
THAT'S IT!!! Thank you so much, Rick! Wow - that really made my day. I have no idea why I didn't see it before, but thank you! thank you! thank you!
Tina Holgate
Program Coordinator
Eastern Hills Bible Church
Manlius, NY