Author Topic: Pop-Up Clubber Note  (Read 4645 times)

Commander Jon

• SVBC Awana Clubs
Pop-Up Clubber Note
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:22:10 AM »
Note: This request applies to the Cloud database's Windows App as well as the Legacy database.

Just a thought for a future enhancement.   Maybe add a "Reminder" text box on the clubber entry screen along with a check-box called "Show Popup".  Then, during check-in, when the "Attend Club" check box is checked for that clubber the program looks to see if the "Show Popup" flag has been set.  If it has, the reminder pops up on the screen.  When "OK" is clicked to close the popup, the "Show Popup" flag is turned back off so it doesn't show again.

For example:  A clubber's parent orders a parent handbook.  When the order comes in, the Club Secretary edits the clubber and adds a "Reminder" ... "Parent Handbook is in.  Please see the Secretary to pick up" (or whatever the reminder needs to be).  She also checks the "Show Popup" flag.  Next time the clubber attends club night and the person checking them in checks the "Attend Club" box, the program pops up the message.  The check-in person can then tell the parent (or clubber) whatever the reminder says.

Hopefully I didn't make that sound too confusing.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:55:30 AM by Annette »
Jonathan Coulter
Commander
Shenandoah Valley Baptist Church
Stephens City VA

Sherri

• Global Moderator
Re: Pop-Up Clubber Note
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »
That's a cool idea!  I was having the same need -- to be reminded who hasn't paid all their fees or who still hadn't turned in all of their paperwork.  My solution was to use the 'flag' field found in the bottom, right corner of the Member Window's Misc page.

I used a red flag for paperwork, a green flag for money due & a yellow flag for any other question.  Then I included notes or questions in the Notes field.  And finally, I made the 'flag' column visible in the check-in grid.  It's close to the clabber's name, so hopefully as I'm checking them in, I'll notice that there is something flagged & if I need more info I can look at the clabber's notes. (which can also be shown in the grid, I think, or dbl-click the clobber)

I've never used the flags before, so I'll see how it well it works for me this week!
Sherri Meadows
Monument, CO

Commander Jon

• SVBC Awana Clubs
Re: Pop-Up Clubber Note
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »
Just discovered another example for when this would be useful.  Our T&T director ran out of time last night and didn't get to give out earned books and uniforms.  He wants the check-in station to hand these out when the clubbers check-in next week.  Having a pop-up note would be helpful to indicate a clubber has a book and/or uniform waiting for the being the counter.

Side note ... I looked at the "flag" Sherri mentioned.  That will help, but having a pop-up where more details can be given would be more beneficial.  Just my two (and a half) cents.
Jonathan Coulter
Commander
Shenandoah Valley Baptist Church
Stephens City VA