Author Topic: Dues ledgers not matching up  (Read 4992 times)

godsservant

Dues ledgers not matching up
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

I am trying to get an end of the year round up on my accounts payable and trying to see if the amount owed for dues is due to missed weeks or families just not paying.  While surveying the accounts I am noticing many (but not all) accounts where the attendance ledger shows that the student paid 6 times ($1 each) but the household account ledger shows only $5 paid and the dates on the payment ledger do not correspond to the dates marked paid $1 in the attendance ledger.   I have another student where it says she has paid 17 times but only $16 is listed -one date without a $1.00 entry (that may be a data entry error on our part) but then in the ledger it says she has paid $18.00 and if I look at the dates there are double entries on a couple days and no entries on other days that are in the attendance ledger.

I don't want to ask people for money that they don't really owe.  Help. :'(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:39:50 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Dues ledgers not matching up
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:15:35 AM »
Try this: 

1. Go to Admin > Database Utilities and run the backup utility.
2. Open the Optimize dialog and clear all checkboxes, then select only the option to "Recalculate Balance Due on all Fees" in the current club year. (Don't select the last checkbox labeled "Recalculate and reapply all Payments for Dues..." at this time). Click Start.
3. After the optimization is completed, examine those same clubbers to see if there is any change/correction.

If there are still problems, then re-run the Optimize but this time DO select the 4th and 5th checkboxes.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:47:02 AM by Annette »