Author Topic: Access Denied to Databases when Optimizing  (Read 3979 times)

ebbcawana

• Me and Art Rorheim
Access Denied to Databases when Optimizing
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:44:26 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

I was trying to optimize before I updated to the new release but when I did, AW kept giving me an error message about access being denied to different databases.

I searched the forums and found a previous post, which stated it was an error with the windows temp directory.  I did go to that directory and permanently gave myself access rights to it but the error message continued.

Any ideas on what may be causing that??

Thanks - EBBCAwana
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:40:13 AM by Annette »
EBBC Awana Commander since 2003 and user of AW since 2007-2008 Club Year

Rick Leffler

Re: Access Denied to Databases when Optimizing
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
If your Approved Workman folder is located somewhere under C:\Program Files... you will need to move it.  Moving it is as easy as using Windows Explorer and doing a cut/paste of the Approved Workman folder to a new location off the root of C: or your Documents folder... that is IF you are running Windows XP.   (Note: You must exit AWdb before you do the cut/paste.)

If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you CAN'T just use the cut/paste folder technique. Instead you will have to use AWdb's built-in backup utility to create a backup.  Then using Windows Explorer manually create a new  "Approved Workman" folder somewhere else like off the root of C:, and then create a "Data" sub-folder inside the newly created "Approved Workman folder.   Now you can RESTORE the backup file you just created into the new ..\Approved Workman\Data folder.  After that you can cut/paste the ApprovedWorkman.exe file to move it from the old location to the new C:\Approved Workman folder.

If you need more info on moving AWdb to a dfferent location, here is a link to a topic:
http://approvedworkman.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0

ebbcawana

• Me and Art Rorheim
Re: Access Denied to Databases when Optimizing
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 01:50:15 PM »
Thanks Rick!!!!!

Your advice worked (as it always does!!!) - I am now able to optimize the database and back it up!!!

I love the customer support for this product - it is the most professional and quickest I have ever dealt with.

Thanks again - Ken Baker
EBBC Awana Commander since 2003 and user of AW since 2007-2008 Club Year