Author Topic: Archiving  (Read 5201 times)

mvbiblechurch

Archiving
« on: November 08, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

Is archiving as simple as changing the clubbers status to archived, or are there other steps that need to be taken?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:38:35 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Archiving
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
Yes, it is that simple. Remember that you can use the main Clubbers list and then examine the Last Attend date column to find clubbers who have not attended in a very long time. You may even want to sort on that column.  Also, you can select multiple rows and then right-click a selected row and from the popup menu select the item to Set Status to "Archived".
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:40:07 AM by Annette »

DavidCrow

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 06:33:34 PM »
Regarding status, does that field have an index or key?  In other words, I have nearly 700 clubbers with various status values.  I'd rather the software not have to look at clubbers with an "archived" or "graduated" status.

- David Crow

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 06:50:41 PM »
The Person.Status field is not currently indexed.  At first glance you may think we'd gain a little performance if it were, but in reality there are so many other things happening when the grid gets populated that having an extra index doesn't help. (I just did some testing with a record set of over 1000 clubbers and the speed of populating the grid was the same with and without the index.)