Author Topic: Handbook Assigning Version Default - Not being followed  (Read 5551 times)

msandy

• Wynne Baptist Church
Handbook Assigning Version Default - Not being followed
« on: September 21, 2012, 09:56:47 AM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Hey Rick,

I am liking the new features on 5102.  However, the default handbook version in the Handbook Assignment Dialog is not always followed.  I have set the default version as NIV, but sometimes it comes up as NKJV.  I have attached an example below.

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:34:05 AM by Annette »
Mark Sandy
Wynne Baptist Church
Wynne, Arkansas
Blog: markwbc.blogspot.com

Rick Leffler

Re: Handbook Assigning Version Default - Not being followed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
On that same member... check the Preferred Bible Translation value on the Misc tab of the Member form, any value set for a specific person overrides the club's default value, which is primarily used when creating new member records.

msandy

• Wynne Baptist Church
Re: Handbook Assigning Version Default - Not being followed
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
You're right.  In a random survey of 10 out of 300+ kids some are set to NIV and some to NKJV, and one wasn't to set to anything. 

I don't see a way to view that field in the clubbers grid.  Is there an SQL formula I can use to get a list of kids that have NKJV as their preferred version?

Thanks,

[Note: the translation can be shown on the Clubbers grid by making the column visible under the Primary Handbook header band. There is also a sql statement that can be used to update incorrect translations. See this post: https://www.approvedworkman.com/forum/index.php?topic=1258.msg4578#msg4578. akj]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 10:37:37 AM by Annette »
Mark Sandy
Wynne Baptist Church
Wynne, Arkansas
Blog: markwbc.blogspot.com